TAS Consulting

Taxes in Ireland Income Tax in

Ireland for Foreigners

If you are a foreigner in Ireland, filing your taxes may seem daunting at first, but with a little preparation and understanding of the Irish tax system, it can become a straightforward process.

The Personal Public Service Number (PPS) is a unique identifier used for tax and social welfare purposes. Foreigners working in Ireland are required to have a PPS number. You can apply for a PPS number at any Social Welfare Office in Ireland.

Your tax residency status determines the amount of tax you pay and the tax credits you are eligible for. If you are a non-resident, you may be subject to different tax rates than residents. Make sure you understand your tax residency status before filing your taxes.

Keep detailed records of your income, expenses, and any tax-related documents. This will help you accurately calculate your tax liability and ensure that you claim all the deductions and credits you are entitled to.

In Ireland, tax returns are due by October 31st of each year for the previous tax year. Late filing can result in penalties and interest charges.

If you are unsure about any aspect of your tax filing or if you have a complex tax situation, it may be beneficial to seek professional help from a tax advisor or accountant.

If you have any queries, or would like specific advice, then please do not hesitate to contact a member of our team.

call us on +353 (0)1 442 8230, 00353 851477625 or email moh@tasconsulting.ie